Thursday, January 3, 2013

January = Energy & Health

 
 
I saw this & lol. It kind of reminds me of working out with my husband.....
 
January is my focus on my energy & health. It is hard to move through life feeling tired & worn out when you are trying to be happy so month 1 is a me month. ME, ME, ME!!!

So this month here are my main focus points:
  • Exercise : It is a proven fact people that exercise are happier. It is a proven fact I feel 100% better after I exercise so why sometimes is it so hard to get my butt there?!
Plan here: Get my butt to the gym & get moving! When home get moving instead of sitting on my rear. Not only does this increase your calorie burn but it also get stuff done around the house!
  • More Sleep: I tend to get overly tired, which leads to sitting on my butt, snapping at my husband & just overall unhappiness.
Plan here: Get a night time routine down. I tend to get a 2nd wind of energy after the gym making it hard to get to sleep. I am planning to be in bed by 9/9:30 & read for a 1/2 hour or so, always calms me down. I was doing this in MN & it worked wonders. Plus I LOVE to read so its a win, win.
  • Eat Better & Smarter: Once again my body knows when I eat poorly. I feel gross & sluggish.
Plan here: Make better choices. I don't want to "diet", I don't believe in them at all. I want to make healthier choices & not beat myself up when I don't. Food makes me happy. I love baking, cooking & trying most new things. I also am adding in more water, less soda. As much as I LOVE my Diet Coke I know there are healthier options (water) when I am thirsty.

So it seems like this is a typical New Years story BUT it all ties to a persons happiness. I know 100% I feel wonderful when I take care of myself so why not do it. It makes me nicer to be around & my husband is so supportive it increases his happiness also. Now I have a secret, I have been working on this for a few months. I have already lost 10lbs with exercise & a smarter diet. Will I ever be 100% clean eater, no. I love sweets, breads, & food in general too much. But I do find myself making better choices.

I will continue to check in on where I am at & of course, life & all that fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment