Friday, August 17, 2012

Family Means Everything

My Grandparents & I

It has been a sad month around our family. My Grandfather is in the hospital with end stages of COPD and has been slipping away a little everyday. It is a sad time but as I have sat in the family room surrounded by family it warms my heart on how we have came together, everyone working together to make his final days comfortable and full of love.

Its been so nice to so much time with my Uncle who lives out of state, giving my Aunt a hard time & just making my Grandma smile. I adore my family and it makes me thankful I have them and that we can share everything in good times & bad.

My Grandpa was my world growing up, no one could compare. If I was in trouble with my mom I would cry to go to Grandpas. When I was little I had long hair and after my baths he would brush it & dry it so it wouldn't get tangled during the night. When I was older we shook up the pop on the way home & gave it to Grandma to open. Trouble is what the family joked about us & he always carried candy during concerts. We spent so much time together I am terrified of not having him but know he will be in a better place.

I am trying to not be sad during this time but remember the good times and cherish the memories we are making in the small hospice family room. My family is everything to me and always my 1st priority in life. So I wish a quiet night to my Aunt & Grandma who are on hospital duty tonight, a safe ride home for my Uncle who is getting some quality friend time in tonight & most of all some peace & rest for my Mom who hates to leave at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment